DJI has rolled out a new firmware update for its drone mapping solution, Terra. The update, version 3.8.0, introduces several fresh features and enhances existing ones for better user experience.
Key Features in the New Update:
- DJI Terra now incorporates the capability for DEM generation during LiDAR point cloud reconstruction.
- There's an enhanced workflow for cluster reconstruction. Users can now benefit from the support for multiple worker devices on a singular computer, with the added convenience of automatic addition or removal of worker devices. Furthermore, detailed information about these devices is available for display.
- The directory for cluster output files can be allocated to a DOS directory of a network drive, ensuring easier access to worker devices.
- A redesigned Quality Report layout specifically for LiDAR Point Cloud is now available.
- Users seeking help will now be directed to the DJI Terra webpage for downloading product manuals through the Help Center.
Optimizations and Enhancements:
- DJI has honed the precision of the Optimize Point Cloud Accuracy feature.
- The Restricted Zone feature can be turned off by default now.
- There's added support for setting the gimbal tilt angle beyond 30 degrees, especially beneficial for Detailed Inspection missions when using the DJI Matrice 300 RTK drone.
- The firmware resolves the layout display error observed in the exported PDF file of the Quality Report.
- Lagging issues on the GCP Management page, especially when selecting the Optimize option, have been rectified.
- Instances where users experienced network connection errors on the GCP Management or ROI page have been addressed.
It's crucial for users to note that starting from DJI Terra v3.8.0, the use of a free trial license from the official site restricts the import files to a maximum of 8 GB during charged functions in LiDAR point cloud reconstruction.