DJI, the dominant drone manufacturer, has moved into the drone delivery and logistics vertical with its newest offering, the FlyCart 30, launched in China. This innovative delivery drone offers two distinct delivery methods: a cargo box system and a winch crane.
Key Details of the DJI FlyCart 30:
- Configuration and Payload: The FlyCart 30 is designed with an 8-propeller, 4-axis multi-rotor structure, allowing it to carry up to 30 kg when powered by dual batteries. However, using a single battery can bump the payload capacity to 40 kg.
- Safety and Redundancy: DJI emphasizes safety with this model. It's equipped with a dual-battery system, where the secondary battery acts as a backup, ensuring the drone's return in case one battery malfunctions. It also boasts intelligent obstacle detection, two radars, an ADS-B signal receiver, and a parachute system. For contingencies, operators can designate several safe landing zones.
- Performance Metrics: Designed to weather various conditions, the drone can resist winds up to 12m/s and has IP55 weather protection. With two self-heating batteries and a 30 kg payload, it can fly at 20m/s and remain airborne for 18 minutes.
- Advanced Technology: The FlyCart 30 integrates DJI's O3 video transmission system, facilitating operations beyond the operator's visual line of sight, up to 20 km. This drone is prepared for diverse altitudes and hard-to-reach regions, boasting a flight ceiling of 6,000 meters. In areas with poor transmission, the drone can utilize DJI’s 4G cellular dongle. Furthermore, FlyCart 30 features a dual-control system, allowing two remote pilots to alternate control seamlessly.
- Container Load: The drone supports standard EPP containers, common in the returnable packaging and automotive sectors. These cargo boxes are designed for efficiency, with assembly and disassembly achievable in just three minutes.
- Empty Crane System: In areas where landing might be risky, this drone employs a winch-based delivery system. The cable used in this mode can extend up to 20 meters at a speed of 0.8 m/s. Additionally, DJI has incorporated an anti-sway feature, ensuring stability by preventing cargo oscillation. The cargo is automatically released upon touching down.
Pricing and Package Details
The FlyCart 30 has been introduced at a starting price of $17,000 in China. The standard kit comprises the FlyCart 30 drone, a DJI RC Plus remote controller, two Intelligent Flight Batteries, and essential charging equipment. DJI also announced its new air transportation cloud service, DJI Transport, which aids in flight planning and multi-drone management.
While the FlyCart 30 is currently exclusive to China, DJI's track record suggests that a global launch might be on the horizon.